Belly's daily question? 04-16-2020

Belly35

Elderly Intellectual

Thu, Apr 16, 2020 12:37 PM

How many COVID-19 (N94 or homemade) masks do you have? a pic would be cool

Because I go into work still, many of our friends deen it important that I have a mask... I have 5 homemade masks, and I do wear them when I'm going out into the public. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Apr 16, 2020 12:39 PM

Not wearing masks, at least not yet.

Went to Kroger the other day and I'd say about half, maybe a little more than half, of the people there were wearing masks. I only saw one employee wearing a mask.

The masks I saw ranged from modified t-shirts, to bandanas, to cheap-o dust masks.

OSH

Kosh B'Gosh

Thu, Apr 16, 2020 12:49 PM

Zero.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Apr 16, 2020 12:50 PM

Do not wear a mask, but I would if a store required it (but I don't even own one).

Not sure if we can add on, but I think gloves are actually worse than using your bare hands. I saw some dipshits in their car yesterday eating fast food with their gloves, which they had probably already touched a ton of other shit. And if you touch your face with a glove, it's just as bad as your hand. Edit to add link (also posted on other thread): https://wsiltv.com/2020/04/15/medical-expert-dont-wear-gloves-in-public/

ptown_trojans_1

Thu, Apr 16, 2020 1:01 PM

Maryland issued an order set to start on Saturday for everyone to head out into public will have to wear a mask. Some of the hardest hit counties already had issued the order. 

My wife, who loves to craft, has went into overdrive. She has made probably 15 cloth masks so far and is making an additional 15 or so more over the next day or so. 

friendfromlowry

Thu, Apr 16, 2020 1:05 PM

Have two, both given to us by my mom who made them. I wore it in Kroger the other day because the last time I was there I swear I was the only one without it. This time it was about half and half. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Apr 16, 2020 1:34 PM

My mom gave me two official-looking ones. I also received one that was made out of a Crown bottle bag and have a couple bandanas. Haven't used any of them yet, but also haven't been grocery shopping in a couple weeks (about 80-20 not wearing at that time). Next time I have to venture into one of those places, odds are that one of them will be worn.

Fab4Runner

Tits McGee

Thu, Apr 16, 2020 2:20 PM

I just ordered masks for mom, husband and me. I only go out once a week at most so I should be fine until they get here. 

thavoice

Fri, Apr 17, 2020 11:59 AM
posted by justincredible

Not wearing masks, at least not yet.

Went to Kroger the other day and I'd say about half, maybe a little more than half, of the people there were wearing masks. I only saw one employee wearing a mask.

The masks I saw ranged from modified t-shirts, to bandanas, to cheap-o dust masks.

I see very few folks wearing masks in my area. I make at least one trip, sometimes two, per day to the local grocery/corner store mostly just to get the hell out of the house.   

But then again, i believe we only have 6 confirmed cases and zero deaths here so people arent afraid of the boogeyman.

With that said, I dont see myself wearing a mask. I just dont.   If it is 100% required, which I think would be asinine, I may be a jackass and wear my gas mask.   

*this post is pending sportslady approval.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Apr 17, 2020 12:03 PM
posted by thavoice

*this post is pending sportslady approval.

Automatik

Fri, Apr 17, 2020 2:59 PM

I have a few n95s. Some my dad shipped from his work, 2 I bought on a survivalist site. I hate wearing them.

I have it on anytime I'm in a store and doing laundy. Practically anywhere I can't "social distance"

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Sat, Apr 18, 2020 9:51 AM

I have 2-3 in the garage that I didn't realize I had.  N95.