2024 Hackers Golf Thread (not pro golf)

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, May 9, 2024 10:34 PM

Shot a 38 (+4) tonight at league with 6 pars and a double. I had one OB drive that would've been fine on an open course. 

I hit my driver for the first time on this stupidly short par 4 and put it about a yard or two past the green (ShotScope says 245 yards). I almost always hit a hybrid on that hole, and almost always put it on the hill or the fairway on the hole to the right. I'll stop being a chickenshit from now on and hit driver. 

Every other drive was in the fairway in pretty optimal position for a good second shot. Had one 278 yard drive. Most were in the 230-245 range. 

Only three bad shots all day. No three putts. 

tl;dr - This was the best 9 holes of golf I've ever shot in my life.

brutus161

The Navy Guy

Fri, May 10, 2024 8:25 AM

If any of you want to come down to Florida, I am putting on a charity golf tournament next month. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, May 10, 2024 8:54 AM
posted by brutus161

If any of you want to come down to Florida, I am putting on a charity golf tournament next month. 

I’ll be in Florida in a month, but not too close to Jacksonville.

brutus161

The Navy Guy

Fri, May 10, 2024 9:21 AM
posted by justincredible

I’ll be in Florida in a month, but not too close to Jacksonville.

Too bad. I'm pretty suave and got the actual PGA tour to be one of my sponsors. I might even have a foursome at Sawgrass to give away. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, May 10, 2024 10:58 AM

What's the event name?

brutus161

The Navy Guy

Fri, May 10, 2024 1:26 PM

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, May 10, 2024 4:19 PM

That's well after we leave anyway. Good luck with it.

j_crazy

7 gram rocks. how i roll.

Tue, May 14, 2024 8:58 AM

Just got back from Ross Bridge in Birmingham AL. HIGHLY recommend. there is 3 amazing courses to play there and the hotel/resort is phenomenal. I think I'm going to take the wife there at some point. Played the Ross Bridge course both days (didn't have time for the others since i was there for work) and played well on day 2 - 81 which is amazing for me.

This is the resort i stayed at:

RENAISSANCE BIRMINGHAM ROSS BRIDGE GOLF RESORT & SPA

This is the Trail website, several great courses to play:

RTJ Golf Trail

BRF

Tue, Jul 2, 2024 2:37 PM

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Jul 2, 2024 4:09 PM

Been there, Brad.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Jul 2, 2024 7:41 PM

I played yesterday for the first time since last July. Course is mowed too much. So much brown and basically there is no rough. Ball rolls forever. I hit 6 shots that I impressed myself with at contact just to watch the ball land like it was on a parking lot. Putts weren’t falling but hit very few bad shots.

brutus161

The Navy Guy

Wed, Jul 3, 2024 9:27 AM

Played a charity scramble over the weekend and we tied for first (lost in a tiebreaker).

Going to play Sawgrass probably next weekend.