2023 NCAA Tournament Player Pick-'Em

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Mar 25, 2023 12:32 PM

I’ll have them tonight. I won’t include todays games though. I’ll update this round completely Monday morning.

birddog23

Sun, Mar 26, 2023 8:16 AM

I'd imagine, just based on what is left, Sportschampps is the favorite. He has got 3 guys left and they are UConn guys.

Mirg could make things interesting today with a Miami and Creighton win as he has Miller from Miami,  Kaluma from Creighton, and Davis from FAU.

Brutus I am sure still has a decent shot based on the shear amount of points he accumulated early on and he's still got Kalkbrenner from Creighton going today and Omier from Miami.

JSchilling same boat as Brutus. Had a ton of points early on and still has Carr and Disu from Texas and Nembhard from Creighton.

I may have an outside shot, but a Creighton loss today probably eliminates me. I have Hawkins from UConn and will advance one of Pack, Miami or Hunter, Texas today. Have Alexander from Creighton going today.

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Mar 26, 2023 3:10 PM

Here is what I have. Projected is obviously based on seeding, and not Vegas. So not 100% accurate to how we may expect it to play out.

birddog23

Sun, Mar 26, 2023 8:51 PM
posted by Laley23

Here is what I have. Projected is obviously based on seeding, and not Vegas. So not 100% accurate to how we may expect it to play out.

Something is up with your projections with Brutus. 

birddog23

Sun, Mar 26, 2023 9:08 PM

Based on true seeding and current PPG, here's what I have for final projections:

1st. Mirg - 510 points. 2 left. (That's w/ Miami and FAU both losing in F4. If either pull out a win, he walks away with this.)

2nd. Brutus - 497 points. 1 left. (Hoping for a Miami win over UConn to advance Omier)

3rd. Birddog - 486 points. 2 left. (Have Hawkins for UConn and Pack for Miami, who both are capable of going off for 20+ on a given night - but both could have 7 points on a given night too. I will lose 1 of them in the F4 matchup too)

4th. Sportschampps - 467 points. 3 left. (Huge UConn fan with Sanogo, Karaban, and Newton. Could make things interesting if these guys go above their average and they make it to national championship).

Fair warning, this is just eyeballing and doing some quick math. I could be off on some of these. I went off Laleys current points going into todays games.

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Mar 26, 2023 11:49 PM

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Mar 26, 2023 11:49 PM

Weird overlay with the snippet tool lol. Hopefully can still make out what it says.

Iliketurtles

Mon, Mar 27, 2023 9:52 AM

Well it was a good run. Hopefully I'll hold onto the high game from Timme. Sucks he couldnt do more to give me a chance at total points. 

Going to be a great battle for the top 3. 

JSchilling

Mon, Mar 27, 2023 3:14 PM

Good luck to those with a shot still!! Thanks for another great year!

GOONx19

An exceptional poster.

Tue, Mar 28, 2023 8:34 AM

Top draft slot worked out great! Haha

I just saw Brandon Miller had the worst FG% of any player in history with at least 35 attempts (19.5%), which is a made up stat, but still reflective of my squad this year overall. 

Iliketurtles

Tue, Mar 28, 2023 1:39 PM
posted by GOONx19

Top draft slot worked out great! Haha

I just saw Brandon Miller had the worst FG% of any player in history with at least 35 attempts (19.5%), which is a made up stat, but still reflective of my squad this year overall. 

Hahaha yeah I saw someone posted that from ESPN and all I thought about was you and this contest. 

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Mar 28, 2023 2:28 PM

I looked back a few years to 2018. I think Miller was by far the worst #1 overall. I think wildcats or someone in 2018 freaking had Bridges! Top scorer on the winning team. Thats impressive because if memory serves, Nova was a 2 that year?

Big_Mirg_ZHS

Recovering Pothead

Wed, Mar 29, 2023 8:22 PM

Can’t wait for this weekend.

birddog23

Thu, Mar 30, 2023 8:10 AM
posted by Big_Mirg_ZHS

Can’t wait for this weekend.

Lets go UCONN and SDSU lol!

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Mar 30, 2023 8:40 AM

I can’t believe you are all counting me and Matt Bradley out.  

Big_Mirg_ZHS

Recovering Pothead

Thu, Mar 30, 2023 11:38 AM
posted by birddog23

Lets go UCONN and SDSU lol!

brutus161

The Navy Guy

Thu, Mar 30, 2023 12:46 PM
posted by Big_Mirg_ZHS

Big_Mirg_ZHS

Recovering Pothead

Sat, Apr 1, 2023 8:47 PM

Well fack

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Apr 1, 2023 8:51 PM

Matt Bradley, by far my best pick maybe ever in this. Yet put up a 2 pt second half vs Furman. 6 vs Alabama. 2 vs Creighton. 

Just hit your damn season average or close and he would be looking at a chance to make me money!

birddog23

Sun, Apr 2, 2023 10:08 AM
posted by Big_Mirg_ZHS

Well fack

You’re going to hold onto this, no worries 

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Apr 3, 2023 12:40 PM

I dont see any realistic way of Mirg being overtaken. Hawkins can get hot, but 40 piece in the title game against arguably the best defense in the country!?!?

brutus161

The Navy Guy

Mon, Apr 3, 2023 1:58 PM

Just trying to hang on to second. 

birddog23

Mon, Apr 3, 2023 2:12 PM
posted by Laley23

I dont see any realistic way of Mirg being overtaken. Hawkins can get hot, but 40 piece in the title game against arguably the best defense in the country!?!?

My hope is Hawkins goes for 26 and Sanoga gets 6 points.

Don’t see Hawkins dropping 31 or more, that’s for sure. And very unlikely Sanoga gets held to 6 or less.

At least I’ll get my money back lol.

birddog23

Tue, Apr 4, 2023 8:25 PM

Believe it stayed as projected, correct?

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Apr 4, 2023 11:31 PM

I think so. I was swamped at work today. Hopefully can post and payout tomorrow.