2021 Pirates Thread

QuakerOats

Wed, Apr 28, 2021 2:17 PM
posted by Heretic

Above .500 now. And without Hayes for most of the season so far. While there is a good chance of a 10-50 slump at some point, it is a nice surprise to see them doing better than the teams most on here cheer for at any point after, say, the first two days of the season.

agree

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sat, May 8, 2021 1:18 PM

Todd Frazier: Currently 1-27 at the plate. Scratching my head trying to figure out what value he brings to the team as opposed to, say, some unseasoned potential prospect who might not be ready for the bigs yet (or ever), but at least could give the impression that the team is trying to do something other than fail.

cat_lover

Sat, May 8, 2021 4:16 PM

Wait till Thr Todd Father heats up or releases him and The Tribe will pick him up.!! Tribe offense is succilicious!!

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sat, May 8, 2021 5:12 PM
posted by cat_lover

Wait till Thr Todd Father heats up or releases him and The Tribe will pick him up.!! Tribe offense is succilicious!!

Lol, right now, The ToddFather is making that Bauers guy you all totally despise look like Teddy Frickin' Williams. Something tells me that when he's released, his new occupation will be sitting on a barstool in Toms River, telling stories about how he used to be a Little League World Series hero while Glory Days is playing on the jukebox on repeat.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sat, May 22, 2021 12:50 PM

Team did so good last night that Acuna Jr. had to be talked out of batting left-handed in order to presumably feel challenged at the plate.

One of those games where an optimist would point out that it wasn't THAT BAD of a 20-1 loss because the final 8 came in Atlanta's last at-bat against a position player. Wait...eight runs against a position player? What in the name of Tony LaRussa's Out of Touch Decrepit Ass is going on here!??!?

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, May 22, 2021 2:22 PM

Prayers for some summer success for heretic and the Buccos....but not against the Reds because I need those good moments too

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, May 23, 2021 10:58 AM
posted by Ironman92

Prayers for some summer success for heretic and the Buccos....but not against the Reds because I need those good moments too

Right now, I think the only thing I'd consider to be summer success would involve Nutting either selling the team or dying. Anything that brings in an owner who actually cares about winning more than turning a profit and pocketing the revenue sharing money.

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, May 27, 2021 2:25 PM

What the pirates just did is the dumbest play I’ve ever seen.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, May 27, 2021 2:27 PM

Lol literally would have tagged him before Baez got home, or obv step on first. Woof.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, May 27, 2021 2:33 PM
posted by Laley23

What the pirates just did is the dumbest play I’ve ever seen.

It was wild. I can’t recall anything even close to this level of bad.

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, May 27, 2021 2:41 PM

Even after the run scored, just turn and throw to 1B for the force. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, May 27, 2021 2:47 PM
posted by justincredible

Big oof.

My. Fucking. God. Just contract the team before things get worse. And they will get worse.

BRF

Thu, May 27, 2021 4:23 PM

Wow. How embarrassing.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, May 27, 2021 9:08 PM

The best part of all that: The final score was 5-3 and Baez wound up scoring after getting on second in that inning. So, considering the runner going home didn't reach there until the first baseman had basically walked the ball nearly all the way home AND that Baez wound up scoring after getting on second that play, that one colossal fuck-up potentially cost them the game.

Ah well, my prediction was a respectable start and then a huge slump a month of so into the season and that's looking like how it'll be. I wish they weren't looking like giant fuck-tards doing it, but that's how it is, I guess.

SnotBubbles

Master of teh QQ

Fri, May 28, 2021 12:03 PM
posted by Heretic

My. Fucking. God. Just contract the team before things get worse. And they will get worse.

No, lol.  It doesn't get any worse than that.  There were 2 outs.  Step on first and end the inning.  Tee ballers grasp that concept.  

That is THE WORST play I've ever seen in a major league baseball game.

Sorry Heretic, the Pirates have reached rock bottom.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, May 28, 2021 12:29 PM

Well, well, well...

SnotBubbles

Master of teh QQ

Fri, May 28, 2021 1:04 PM

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sat, May 29, 2021 8:31 PM

Fortunately, somehow this sport has teams like Colorado who are so bad they make the Pirates look respectable. Definitely wasn't expecting a doubleheader sweep where the team didn't give up any runs over 14 innings.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, May 31, 2021 9:05 PM

I’ve had a tremendous day...now inside watching SNB and on the mound is heretic‘a boy Chad Kuhl lol

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, May 31, 2021 9:22 PM

Kuhl holds the a royals to just 6 base runners in the first two innings

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Jun 1, 2021 10:29 AM

I saw Kuhl was the starter. Didn't even bother turning on the TV. As constructed, this team makes it really hard to even pretend I care.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Jun 8, 2021 8:33 PM

Ha, oh man.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Jun 9, 2021 11:15 AM
posted by iclfan2

Ha, oh man.

This is the year we reach the pinnacle. The Mount Rushmore of absolutely stupid ways to fail. Not tagging first base to record an out, allowing runs to score and now, not touching first on a homer. I'm looking forward to the next Moment of 'Tard!

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Mon, Jun 21, 2021 1:39 PM
posted by Heretic

This is the year we reach the pinnacle. The Mount Rushmore of absolutely stupid ways to fail. Not tagging first base to record an out, allowing runs to score and now, not touching first on a homer. I'm looking forward to the next Moment of 'Tard!

Almost got the third entry for the Mount Rushmore of Fails, but they somehow didn't completely blow an 11-1 lead over three innings on Friday.

Still, the one positive to this season seems to be that they're not Arizona. I mean, as clownish as the Pirates have looked at times, they're better than 20-53 and they DON'T have a 17-game losing streak (their worst topped out at 10...).