BR1986FB

Mon, Sep 23, 2019 8:34 AM

Sid Haig aka Captain Spaulding at 80

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Mon, Sep 23, 2019 1:42 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Sid Haig aka Captain Spaulding at 80

Last year, I went through a phase where I bought a bunch of those cheap-ass horror movie compilations produced by Echo Bridge where you'd get a bunch of direct-to-video stuff by Full Moon, as well as micro-budget stuff, made-for-TV movies and the occasional name film. I was impressed by how prolific Haig was. He'd seem to be on something on about every compilation, doing a small role. Seemed to really love his status as a B-movie horror icon and had fun doing those roles. Kinda bums me out that he's gone; seemed like a cool guy who'd have been fun to talk to about his career and his films for a bit.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 20, 2019 4:49 PM

Eric Cooper MLB ump

Did division series this season

mhs95_06

Sun, Oct 20, 2019 9:38 PM
posted by Ironman92

Eric Cooper MLB ump

Did division series this season

From a heart attack caused by a post surgery blood clot.

BR1986FB

Mon, Oct 21, 2019 9:38 AM
posted by Heretic

Last year, I went through a phase where I bought a bunch of those cheap-ass horror movie compilations produced by Echo Bridge where you'd get a bunch of direct-to-video stuff by Full Moon, as well as micro-budget stuff, made-for-TV movies and the occasional name film. I was impressed by how prolific Haig was. He'd seem to be on something on about every compilation, doing a small role. Seemed to really love his status as a B-movie horror icon and had fun doing those roles. Kinda bums me out that he's gone; seemed like a cool guy who'd have been fun to talk to about his career and his films for a bit.

Late to the party here (just noticed this). I agree on Haig. He did a ton of those flicks. The fact he had a pretty unique look (for horror) didn't hurt. Seems like there are a select few who relish the B-Movie horror career. Bruce Campbell (Ash from Evil Dead) is another.

BR1986FB

Thu, Oct 31, 2019 7:45 AM

John Witherspoon, who played Ice Cube's father in "Friday", at 77

BR1986FB

Fri, Nov 22, 2019 7:28 AM

RIP Fred Cox, former Minnesota Vikings kicker. Was one of the last conventional, straight on, kickers. Found out something I didn't know. He also invented the Nerf football.

mhs95_06

Fri, Nov 22, 2019 6:15 PM
posted by BR1986FB

RIP Fred Cox, former Minnesota Vikings kicker. Was one of the last conventional, straight on, kickers. Found out something I didn't know. He also invented the Nerf football.

Must have been trying to keep in top kicking form by practicing in the living room!

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Dec 10, 2019 12:40 PM

Marie Fredriksson 61

Female singer in Roxette

BRF

Fri, Dec 13, 2019 2:09 PM

Danny Aiello 86

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Dec 18, 2019 12:45 PM

Hayden Frye 90

BRF

Sat, Dec 28, 2019 11:54 AM

Don Imus 79 (thought he was older)

Curly J

Self Pwner in Training.

Sun, Dec 29, 2019 6:49 PM

Suprised no one brought up Actor Michael  Pollard. It happened a while back...but it happened.

BRF

Sun, Dec 29, 2019 7:26 PM
posted by Curly J

Suprised no one brought up Actor Michael  Pollard. It happened a while back...but it happened.

Bonnie and Clyde!

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Dec 31, 2019 1:21 PM

Nobody got more than 1...which is a good thing

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Dec 31, 2019 1:30 PM

One we missed was Julie Gibson who was a singer and in the 3 Stooges films

She was 106